Terms & Conditions
Ace Tutors provides a tuition matching service in helping parents or students (referred to as customers) who request for a tutor.
By agreeing to use the services of Ace Tutors, one is deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions in this document.
Ace Tutors holds the copyright to all the content and graphics on the website, any re-use of the materials without prior permission from Ace Tutors is prohibited.
· It is free to register as a tutor with Ace Tutors. However, Ace Tutors reserve all rights to reject an application.
· Potential tutors must be Singaporean, Permanent Resident or holding a student pass and at least 18 years old to register with Ace Tutors.
· Tutors are to fill in personal particulars accurately, any omission or attempt to cheat to mislead customers of Ace Tutors will result in the deletion of the tutor's profile and in severe cases we will refer them to the authorities.
· Tutors are not to post personal contact details in the Tutoring Experience section of the Tutor Registration Form. Contact details are to be filled in the required fields only.
· Tutors are to fill in academic qualifications accurately and completely.
· On the first lesson, a copy of tutor's qualifications will have to be presented to the customer for perusal.
· Ace Tutors reserves the right to request for a copy of your qualifications for verification purposes.
· Once a match is confirmed, the tutor will have to contact the customer to verify the details of tuition and when the first lesson will be. Thereafter, tutor will have to inform Ace Tutors on the exact date of first lesson.
· Upon confirmation of a tuition assignment, failure to turn up for the first lesson or request to cancel the assignment due to various reasons will result in the re-matching of our student to another tutor. This will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
· There is no contract between the customer and the tutor, thus there is no obligation to complete a certain number of lessons.
· The customer can request to stop tuition at any time. There is no trial lesson and you will be paid for every lesson given unless the customer has a genuine case for dissatisfaction.
· If the tuition assignment is cancelled within the first month, the customer will pay our tutors according to the number of lessons conducted. Tutors must pay Ace Tutors 50% of the fee received.
· If the tuition assignment is cancelled, by the tutor as opposed to the customer (student/parent), before one month of lessons, the tutor will only receive tuition fees less the agreed commission charges.
Ace Tutors will collect 50% of the first month tuition fee as commission charge
upon completion of the second lesson.
· Ace Tutors is not to be held responsible for any changes that are unforeseen and uninformed.
· In the case where there is an increase in the frequency of tuition in the subsequent month, commission charge will be determined on a case by case basis.
· Commission charges are not to be collected and banked into Ace Tutors account in installments.
· Any attempt to cheat and avoid payment of commission charges to Ace Tutors as they fall due will render the person/s in question referable to the legal authorities.
· Please display the appropriate conduct at all time, especially in terms of punctuality (arriving for lessons on time and not leaving before the lesson is completed), responsibility (tutors are to call or in person inform the customer of any changes to the timing of tuition or any other changes, SMS and emails are not considered reasonable means of informing the customer), professionalism (tutors are not to digress to topics not related to lesson) and dressing (tutors are to dress appropriately for lessons).
· Complaints lodged against tutors will result in tutors not being informed of assignments in future and tutor profile being taken off the website. Complaints will be reviewed on a case by case basis and tutors will be granted an occasion to dispute the complaints.
· In the case that parents prefer to pass the full tuition fee of the first month with commission to tutors, the tutors are to credit the full amount into Ace Tutors' bank account within 7days and inform Ace Tutors when the transfer has been done.
· Ace Tutors strives to be accurate in terms of information presented but does not guarantee the description as stated by the tutors themselves to be accurate and complete.
· The rates stated on the websites are based on market rates and serve as a guide. The final rate that customers agree with Ace Tutors prior to the first lesson must be strictly abided by.
Ace Tutors strives to keep the rates on par with the market rates and are being
reviewed frequently and revised when necessary.
· Tuition will be conducted at the residence of the customer unless otherwise stated.
· Customers should check the qualifications of the tutor on the first lesson. A copy of the tutor's certification will be presented to you on the first lesson. Should this not be so, you have the right to request from the tutor.
· It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that the tutor's credentials and qualifications are satisfactory.
· Customers may request for a trial lesson to precede the confirmation of a tutor.
· Customers can utilize only one trial lesson per tutor, after which customers have to make a choice of either confirming or replacing the tutor.
· If the assigned tutor is found unsatisfactory after a trial lesson, customer can request for a change without additional charge being imposed. However, unless a valid reason is given, the tutor will have to be paid for the number of lessons completed.
· Upon the confirmation of a tutor, the client is to engage the tutor for the full first month based on the frequency of lessons agreed upon.
Tutor will have to be paid for the number of lessons rendered prior to
termination by the customer.
· The tuition rates set down for the first month cannot be changed by either the customer or the tutor. Subsequently, it can be negotiated between the two parties mentioned previously.
· Customer should inform Ace Tutors immediately should the tutor try to alter or re-negotiate the rate during the first month of tuition.
· As much as we would love to see marked improvement in the student's grades, Ace Tutors does not guarantee so.
· Ace Tutors levies a commission charge of 50% of the first month's tuition fee (4 weeks of lessons) or 50% of the number of lessons given before the service is terminated in the first month only, on the tutor.
· The commission charge should be paid to the tutor when half a month's worth of lessons has been rendered. The tutor will bank the amount into Ace Tutor's bank account and a receipt will be sent to the tutor by email.
· Payment to Ace Tutors as commission charge can be made via 1) Cheque, 2) ATM fund transfer or 3) Internet Banking. Details of payment will be sent to the customer in a letter once a tutor has been successfully assigned.
Once a referral has been successfully matched a tutor, Ace Tutors will send out SGD$15 worth of CapitaLand shopping vouchers to the mailing address provided.
Any information that you submit will be kept strictly private. The use of your information will serve only the purposes as indicated by you.
Ace Tutors does not sell or lease its data to any third party users without the explicit consent
Your personal information will only be used for identification purposes and for the liaison between tutors and parents.
For the moment, MOE Teachers on our database can choose to hide their name and academic details from public view.
All private information stored in our database is password-protected
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY ACE TUTORS ON AN 'AS IS' AND 'AS AVAILABLE' BASIS. ACE TUTOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE.
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, ACE TUTOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
ACE TUTOR DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR E-MAIL SENT FROM ACETUTOR.COM.SG ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
ACE TUTOR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
The terms and conditions may be revised and amended from time to time without prior notice. Users of Ace Tutors are advised to read the terms and condition from time to time to be well informed of any changes.