First Time Tutors / First Lesson
What to bring
1. Photocopy of qualifications - Essential for all first lessons matched by Ace Tutors
2. Foolscap - to do all your scribblings on
3. Calculator - if you’re teaching maths or secondary science
4. Dictionary/Thesaurus - if you're teaching English or mother tongues
6. Client Briefing Sheet - to inform about lesson-change policies
Before the lesson
1. Revise on your topics. Make sure you're fresh with your concepts!
2. Call up the parent 1 day prior to lesson to confirm the timing
3. Plan your trip to arrive 5-10mins early. Don't aim to be just on time!
4. Plan your lesson briefly: are you going use your student's textbook to teach? How much homework to give at the end of the lesson? If there a need to buy assessment books?
5. Read the Ace Tutors Progress Card manual (sent to tutors of Primary1 to Secondary3 students)
At your first lesson
1. Introduce yourself; the schools you went to, your hobbies.
2. Ask how your student is doing. How is his school, how he did with the subjects
3. Enjoy the teaching experience!